What is Contractors Plant Insurance?

Contractors Plant or Equipment Insurance provides cover to businesses and individuals within the mining, excavation/earth moving, crane hire, civil and related industries.

This includes stationary and mobile plant equipment cover, road risk liability and broad form public and products liability.

Who needs Equipment or Plant Insurance?

If you work in any of the above industries and operate large-scale equipment, you need contractors plant insurance.

What's included?

  • Protection against material damage, road risk liability and public liability,
  • Insurance for single items up to a fleet of plant equipment,
  • Insurance for plant equipment including:
  • Cranes,
  • Excavators,
  • Concreting equipment,
  • Forklifts,
  • Farming machinery,
  • Tippers,
  • Trailers,
  • Trucks and
  • Lifting equipment.

Important Tips

  • Road risk liability can only be offered if the plant item is registered.
  • Optional extensions of cover can be arranged such as breakdown cover and consequential loss (loss of income due to damage to a vehicle).
  • Please note: Broadform Public and Products Liability cover is designed for Plant and Equipment operations with the option to include other activities if needed. Broadform liability is also available as a standalone policy if required.