It’s important that you’re protected in the unfortunate event that you’re involved in an accident on the road.

What is CTP Insurance?

CTP or Compulsory Third Party insurance is also known as a Greenslip.

Who needs it?

You need a CTP Greenslip in order to register your motor vehicle in New South Wales or Queensland.

What does CTP Greenslip Insurance include?

It provides compensation to third parties who may be injured or killed when your vehicle is at fault.  Third parties include pedestrians, passengers, cyclists, motorcyclists and drivers of other vehicles.

If you’re caught driving a motor vehicle without a current Compulsory Third Party Insurance policy you could receive a large fine and have demerit points taken off you.

Who needs CTP (Fleet Policy) Insurance?

If your organisation registers more than 10 motor vehicles you may be eligible to get a Fleet Policy. This provides you with online tracking, purchasing of your CTP Greenslips, and discounted rates.

Please note: CTP (Greenslip) Insurance is not covered under any Public Liability Policy you may hold.

Important Tips

  • It’s possible to purchase CTP Greenslips that cover at-fault drivers, however, this is not included in all policies.
  • When purchasing a registered vehicle, the existing CTP insurance is automatically transferred to you when you complete the registration transfer paperwork. You are not required to do anything further until the registration is due for renewal.
  • Likewise, when you sell a registered vehicle your current CTP Insurance Policy is transferred to the new vehicle owner