What is CommunityGuard?
CommunityGuard is a group insurance scheme established for the benefit of Community Colleges Australia (and related adult learning organisations and peak bodies) along with other not-for profit community organisations.
Unfortunately, a not for profit status does not protect an organisation against claims from a third party or from those within. Whether it be an unhappy employee, or disgruntled board member, a not for profit organisation is just as susceptible to claims as a commercial enterprise.
The CommunityGuard group insurance scheme involves a suite of tailored insurance products to provide comprehensive cover for office bearers, volunteers, employees and of course the member organisations property/assets etc.
The key insurance classes of the tailored insurance scheme are:
- Public and Products Liability (PL);
- Industrial Special Risks (ISR) including Buildings and Contents;
- Association Liability; and
- Personal Accident.
The CommunityGuard group insurance scheme has been managed by Coverforce Insurance Broking since 2004. Coverforce is a market leader in the establishment and management of group insurance schemes.
What are the benefits of a group insurance scheme?
There’s strength in numbers! Approaching the insurance market as a group has many benefits including:
- The ability to leverage competitive premiums without the need to compromise on quality;
- Insurance policies are specifically tailored to meet the specific needs of members which eliminates paying for unnecessary cover;
- Provides an additional membership benefit for your organisation/group;
- Combined claims history helps to lower risk to the insurer and therefore assists in lowering premiums.
- Professional advice with a dedicated and knowledgeable insurance broker who knows your industry and membership and can give you immediate feedback on insurance-related matters;
- Direct broker support for your members, reducing the number of insurance-related enquiries to the group/association;
- Ease of access with proven e- commerce solutions where members can make annual declarations and access insurance information, policies, certificates of currency and schedules through a password protected portal.
Are you already a CommunityGuard member?
All Community Guard Members will receive a letter inviting you to complete your 2017/2018 Insurance Declaration online.Lodge your 2017 declarations
To complete your declaration click here and enter your username and password into the login panel. Your username and password can both be found within your renewal letter.
Declarations will be available to be completed online from Friday, 31 March 2017 and should take approximately ten (10) minutes to complete.
Should you have any problems logging in, or if you have not yet received a letter please contact your account manager.
Your CommunityGuard Account Manager
D: 02 9376 7836