Making a Claim

Journey insurance

The following steps should be completed as soon as possible after your accident or injury.

  1. In the first instance, you must complete an accident journey insurance claim and send it to Coverforce.
  2. A claim form is available to download from the menu on this page.
  3. When making a claim for journey insurance, members must also make a workers’ compensation claim at the same time.
  4. Please contact the Union to be put in touch with the  union’s solicitors to determine whether you may be entitled to benefits that you may not be aware of.
  5. Please be aware that when submitting a new claim you must provide all supporting documentation of your incident.
Next steps

Coverforce will keep you updated as your claim is processed and will notify you of the results and next steps once a decision is made.

Professional indemnity insurance

HSU NSW members must immediately report to Coverforce any claims or circumstances which may lead to a potential claim immediately to the union’s insurance broker – Coverforce – as professional indemnity policies are issued on “claims made basis” which stipulates that all known circumstances must be reported to the insurer during the policy periodmeans that cover is only provided in relation to claims that are made to you and notified to the insurer in the relevant policy period. Failure to do so may lead to your claim being denied. If you are not certain whether a matter should be notified please do not hesitate to discuss with our experienced and helpful claims staff who can be contacted as below:

Narumon Sech
Claims Executive
D: 02 9376 7808
Coverforce Insurance Broking Pty Ltd

Andrea Schultz
Claims Executive
D: 02 9376 7842
Coverforce Insurance Broking Pty Ltd

Public liability insurance

Under no circumstances must liability be admitted, either verbally or in writing. Upon the happening of any incident likely to give rise to a claim, the following procedure should be implemented.

  1. All reasonable steps should be taken following an occurrence to protect the person or property from any further injury.
  2. Obtain all details you can:
    Of the incident;
    Of the Third Party;
    Of the witnesses
  3. In all cases, contact Coverforce Insurance Broking immediately for advice on how to handle the matter.
    Do not give any interview or make any statement to a loss adjuster or other person investigating any accident of damage unless such person is acting on behalf of you
  4. No correspondence should be entered into with a third party.
  5. Forward all letters of demand, writs / summonses to Coverforce Insurance Broking immediately you receive them.
  6. The insurer, Vero has a panel of legal firms that it will choose to defend you.  Pre-arranged rates have been secured with solicitors far below what an individual can obtain.  If you refuse to use a solicitor appointed by the insurer, please note that Vero will only cover defence costs in line with what they would have normally paid per hour

What happens next?

  • Coverforce will assess your claim and documentation and discuss if anything else is required.
  • Coverforce will lodge the claim with the insurer Vero.
  • Coverforce – will then keep you informed on the progress of your claim.
  • If you would like to find out more information about Public Liability insurance do not hesitate to contact our insurance broker –
    Coverforce Insurance Broking Pty Ltd on 1300 503 503 for the price of a local call.