NUW NSW Branch Members Journey Accident Insurance
The National Union of Workers New South Wales branch accident journey insurance will provide NUW NSW financial members only with:
- Income support of up to 85% of a member’s weekly wage to a maximum of $1200 per week.
- Weekly income includes all your regular allowances and penalties
- Benefit period of up to 104 weeks.
- Death & capital benefits up to $100,000.
- A table that specifies certain injuries where the policy will pay out a fixed amount (such as the loss of an arm or an eye).
- Members are not required to use their own leave entitlements except for the first 14 days following a journey accident.
Facts & figures
Does accident journey insurance cover medical expenses?
No, The policy does not cover any medical costs and is purely for income support.
Who can claim accident journey insurance?
To be entitled to the benefits of the policy you must be a current financial member of the National Union of Workers. It is important to note that you must be a full member of the Union at the time of the accident to be covered under this policy. Pre-existing conditions are not insured.
How to claim Accident Journey Insurance?
- In the first instance, you must complete an accident journey insurance claim and send it to Coverforce.
- A claim form is available to download from the menu on this page.
- When making a claim for journey insurance, members must also make a workers’ compensation claim at the same time.
- The Union will arrange for you to visit the union solicitors to determine if there is a possible claim under workers’ compensation.
- Please be aware that when submitting a new claim you must provide all supporting documentation of your incident.
- If the injury was sustained as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you will be required to lodge a claim against the at fault drivers CTP Insurer. CTP Claim Forms/further information can be found at: www.maa.nsw.gov.au
- The Union suggests you visit the union solicitors to determine if there is a possible claim under workers compensation. You will be provided with a Workers Compensation Decline letter which you will need to provide to the accident journey insurer.