Journey Accident Insurance
The NSW Workers Compensation Legislation Amendment Bill 2012 came into effect on 19 June 2012. As Members are aware, the new Legislation has removed coverage of employees when travelling to and from their place of employment, except in special circumstances.
In response, the executive team at the CFMEU NSW Construction and General Division have arranged for Journey Accident Insurance for all of its full fee paying financial members. This insurance has been arranged on behalf of the CFMEU to ensure members are not exposed to loss of income if injured on the journey to and from work. This has been effective as of 01 September 2013.
The Journey Accident Insurance does not replace previous Workers Compensation arrangements but it does provide an alternative program to members including the following benefits:
- Weekly Accident Benefit of up to 85% of a members weekly wage to a maximum of $2,000 per week
- Waiting period/excess 30 days
- Benefit period of up to 104 weeks
Terms and Conditions:
- To be entitled to the benefits of the policy, you must be an eligible financial member of the CFMEU NSW branch, Construction and General Division.
- An Eligible financial member is a person who has paid full current dues or is on direct debit or payroll deductions at the time of the accident.
- Cover does not apply to members who are registered as medically unfit, unemployed, paying reduced union fees, retired members, members who are not paying union fees, unfinancial members, or if there is already an applicable income protection policy in place.
- You must be a full member of the Union at the time of the accident to be covered. Pre-existing conditions are not insured.
Find out more
For further information please select one of the following: