Hire a Hall Liability Cover
Ansvar have set up an online portal system aimed at streamlining the accessibility for a third party to obtain public liability insurance cover for a one-off hire of an insured's premises.
How the online system works:
- The customer logs on to the Ansvar Hall Hire Web Portal
- The customer then completes the online Hall Hire Form for the event
- The customer then decides to accept the quote or not. If the quote is accepted by the customer, then online credit card payment is taken.
- Once the credit card payment is taken, then the online system will email the customer a Certificate of Currency (which can then be provided to the College as evidence of insurance), Policy wording and a reciept of payment.
- A sample of Hall Hire conditions can be accessed here.
Risk Management Tips:
It is highly recommended to Community Colleges members that they have a Hall Hire template in place to assist the Colleges should a customer who hired a hall leave it in a mess, not return the keys or set off any alarms etc.
The Community Colleges may make a business decision to take a bond when hiring out the hall so that keys and the halls are returned at the pre-hire condition. This could become an expense for the colleges if they are having to get keys replaced, changing locks, cleaning bills or items stolen.