Make a Claim
Am I covered if I contract COVID-19?
Yes, all WageGuard policy holders are covered for illness. If you are unable to work due to a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and your illness continues beyond your insured waiting period, you will be entitled to claim benefits under your WageGuard policy.
Note: If you contracted COVID-19 at work, it is important to lodge a Workers Compensation claim in the first instance.
How to make a Claim
Benefits are payable in accordance with the terms of the policy. You must provide U-Cover with proof to our satisfaction of any event or condition establishing your entitlement or any insured persons entitlement to benefits under the policy.
You must notify U-Cover immediately in writing of:
- the death of an insured person;
- any sickness of injury suffered by any insured person lasting for more than 14 days; or
- any other circumstances which may lead to a claim under the policy.
You and the insured person must comply with our claim requirements, which may include (but are not limited to):
- completed claim forms;
- medical evidence and reports from treating doctors (we are entitled to have the insured person examined by a medical practitioner or other qualified person nominated by us at our expense);
- WageGuard employer statement;
- employee declaration form (issued by the ATO);
- information or records relating to the income, attendance and duties of the insured person;
- certified copy of the death and birth certificate of the insured person or spouse (if applicable); and
- you must authorise your workers compensation insurer to supply us with any information we require to determine any claim.
U-Cover will make benefit payments to you or to your employer as directed by you. Either payment method shall be a full discharge of our liabilities under the policy for that payment.
Recovery of Overpaid Amounts
Where you or an insured person have been paid an amount under the policy which we are entitled to reduce under applicable legislation, we may seek to recover the overpayment.