We understand how stressful it can be when the unexpected occurs. As your trusted broker, our team are here to help you through the process.

Our highly experienced claims team will be by your side, working with the insurer on your behalf to ensure that the claims lodgement goes as smoothly as possible.

To notify us of a claim, simply select and fill in the appropriate form below:

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question regarding the claims process or the lodgement of your online claim notification? We cover some of our most frequently asked questions below. If you require further support, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

General FAQ's

If you need to make a claim, you can select the appropriate notification form from the list above. Claims can be lodged 24 hours / 7 days a week online through our website.

Once we receive your claim notification form, we will allocate the claim to one of our dedicated claims specialist staff who will lodge the claim with the required insurer.

Your claims specialist will communicate with you and your personal broker once the lodgement has occurred and provide you a claim reference number which will be your ongoing reference for the claim.

We will then continue to update you on your claim as it progresses.

Depending on the type of claim, you may be required to include documentation to help with the assessment and lodgement of your claim.

This may include:

  • Photos of the incident
  • Receipts
  • Any letters, notices or court documents about the incident
  • Valuation certificates

If you don't know your policy number or have it on hand when you are filling out your claim notification form, that's alright. Please make sure you provide us with the policy holders name and as many other details as possible so that we can correctly locate your policy.

Every claim is different but our aim is to process your claim as quickly as possible. Although some claims can be processed in a relatively short time frame, other more complex claims may take some time for the insurer to process.

Your claims consultant will keep you up to date on the progress of your claim.

An excess is the amount you have to pay if you decide to make a claim on your insurance policy. There are different excesses that apply depending on the claim you are making and the specifics of your insurance policy.

Your claims consultant will advise you if you will need to pay an excess on your claim.

You may be required to provide additional details depending on the type of claim, however in general you will be asked to provide the following:

  • your policy number
  • standard information to identify yourself
  • the name of the insured on the policy
  • detailed description of the incident
  • the date of loss and the loss address
  • Any details of the other parties involved (if applicable)

Motor FAQ's

When filling out your motor claim notification form online, you will typically need the following:

  • Your policy number
  • A description of what happened, when and where
  • The type and extent of the damage caused
  • Details of anyone else who was involved eg. name, address, licence and/or registration number
  • Any documentation or photos (if applicable)

If you are involved in an accident:

  • Contact emergency services if required
  • Take record of the name, address, phone number, email address, licence number and insurer of other drivers involved as well as the vehicle registration number and the make and model of the vehicles involved.
  • If there are any witnesses, take record of their contact details too.
  • Where it is safe to do so, take photos of any damage to the vehicles involved

If you are notifying us of a motor claim, some examples of the types of documents you may include are:

  • Photos of the incident
  • Receipts
  • User manuals
  • Valuation certificates

Depending on what your policy specifies, you may be entitled to select your own repairer. When filling in your claim notification form, there is an option to elect whether you would like to nominate a repairer or use the insurers nominated repairer if there is damage to your vehicle.

If unsure, your claims specialist or broker can clarify whether you can elect your own repairer under your policy.

Please note, that While the policy may allow for your own repairer to be chosen, we would recommend choosing an insurer preferred repairer as the repair time can be reduced by up to 5 days and the insurer will guarantee the repairs.

Strata FAQ's

Example: most people would consider a storm event to be a one-off event, which means one policy excess is applicable. However, in cases where builders or an assessor identifies more than one point of water ingress (not caused directly by the storm), each of these exposed sections would be considered as a separate cause/event. This is because the damage sustained to that specific area would not have occurred at the same time or by the same cause.

Exploratory and reinstatement works following a burst pipe are often considered to form as part of the rectification works (e.g. when contractors need to expose wall or floor in order to repair the damaged section and reinstate area on completion). Therefore, when the cause of damage to the burst section falls under policy exclusion, the policy may not respond to cover exploratory and reinstatement costs.

Carpets within individual lots are specifically excluded from the Strata Policy, as it is considered as 'Lot Owner’s Content'. The policy would not respond to cover irrespective of the circumstances of loss, whether it is from an insurable event or a Body Corporate/Strata maintenance issue. Where Owners do not have Contents Insurance, we would recommend they consult with their Strata Managers to determine whether the Body Corporate would be willing to compensate.

For this additional benefit to trigger, there must be damage sustained to the Insured property, covered under Section 1 (building). Owner/s must produce evidence of a signed lease agreement, ledger and vacating notice to be assessed. Damages sustained to the Unit, must rule it uninhabitable/unlivable. E.g., where the occupant cannot access essential facilities such as, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and or where hot water and electricity is unavailable.

Where the Loss of Rent is accepted, Insurers would only look to compensate during the period of repairs which falls within policy coverage. This is often the consequential/resultant damages. Insurers may also choose to cover up until the property is re-let, where circumstances allow.

Insurers do not cover the Loss of Rent during the period of any maintenance related works, or any other repairs which are specifically excluded.

For a hydrologist to conduct a desktop assessment, where they can review existing flood mapping and report remotely, this would take up to 3-4 weeks. However, where a site inspection is required, it could take a further 10 weeks.

Fusion cover is only extended to damaged motors no greater than 5 kilowatts (6.7 hp). Where the motor forms as part of a fixed Unit, Insurers may cover the repair/replacement of the entire Unit. Any motorized items exceeding 5kw can be lodged for consideration under Section 7 (machinery breakdown).

Note, policy coverage is to be determined based on circumstances of loss and cause of damage.

For this additional benefit to trigger, there must be damage sustained to the Insured property, covered under Section 1 (building). Replacing or repairing damages to trees, shrubs, plants, lawns, or rockwork is included. Note, policy limits apply depending on Insurer.

Where a claim is accepted and Owners wish to have their preferred repairer complete works, or where Owners want to proceed with any additional private/renovation works, we can request Insurer for a cash settlement option. Note, Insurers will limit their liability based on the accepted scope of works, and most economical cost (whether this be the repair quote presented by the Insurer’s panel builder or the Insured’s builder).

Where a claim is lodged and Insured has obtained a repair quote which exceed $5,000, we would recommend a second comparative be provided. This will be most efficient for the Insurer to validate costs, meaning claim can be authorised/finalised quickly. It is important that the scope remains the same. Insured can request for a panel repairer to be appointed if need be.

An assessor can be appointed when the cause of damage cannot be determined and requires further investigation, or where damages sustained are significant and involves Multiple Lots. Large or Major Loss Claims exceeding $50,000, Insurers may choose to appoint a building consultant to scope for repairs.

Where repairs are completed prior to the Insurer’s assessment, a Causation Report with photos is essential to help validate the claimed event, and damages sustained. This can be in the official form of a repairer’s report or a written statement from the repairer confirming cause of the damage to areas in which they have attended to.

Insurers cannot proceed to authorise, or cash settle resultant internal repairs until all outstanding leaks or water ingress issues have been addressed. Whether the policy responds to cover the leak rectification works, the onus is with the Insured to mitigate loss once they have become aware of the issue. These works/cost can be submitted for consideration thereafter, once repairer confirm cause of damage.

Note, general exclusions apply, policy will not respond to cover any maintenance issues, faulty workmanship, gradual deterioration, wear and tear etc.

Generally speaking, in most strata schemes, the lot owner owns the airspace and everything in it within the boundary of the unit. They don't own the main structure of the building. The owners corporation is responsible for the repair and maintenance of common property.

Strata Community Association NSW have put together a guide with a list of items found within a building that could generally be considered common property and who's responsibility it is for the repairs and maintenance. You can access the guide here.

Please note however, the information in this guide is provided as a general guide only. Actual cover is dependent on your policy terms, conditions and exclusions that may apply with the insurer at the time of loss and applicable law from time to time.

Our Global Insurance Network
Our brokers can access more than 100 insurers across the globe to find your business quality cover at the right price.

Insurer logo AIG
Insurer logo Allianz
Insurer logo Blue Zebra
Insurer logo CGU
Insurer logo CHU
Insurer logo Chubb
Insurer logo Dual
Insurer logo GIO
Insurer logo GT
Insurer logo Hollard
Insurer logo Liberty
Insurer logo Lloyds
Insurer logo Longitude
Insurer logo Mecon
Insurer logo Miller
Insurer logo NTI
Insurer logo QBE
Insurer logo Quanta
Insurer logo SUU
Insurer logo UAA
Insurer logo Vero
Insurer logo Zurich

Coverforce 3LP Pty Ltd

Phone: 07 3613 7900

Postal Address:
1/93 Commercial Road, Newstead QLD 4006

Copyright © 2024 Coverforce Partners Pty Limited. All rights reserved.