HBCF Insurance is taken out by licensed builders and contractors. It is compulsory to have a HBCF Insurance policy in place for most residential construction projects where the contract price exceeds $20,000.
HBCF Insurance, (previously known as Home Warranty Insurance or Builders Warranty Insurance) provides a safety net for homeowners where the builder has been unable to honour commitments under the building contract. This can occur to insolvency, death or disappearance. The safety net is also provided where the builder’s license has been suspended for failing to comply with a Tribunal or Court order to pay compensation to the homeowner.
How can your Coverforce Insurance Broker assist with HBCF Insurance?
Coverforce has a dedicated team of insurance brokers and administration staff ready to assist builders and contractors with the following tasks:
- Lodgement of new applications for eligibility under the HBCF Insurance Scheme Notification of eligibility reviews, assisting you to respond and notification of the outcome
- Eligibility profile changes (we can assist you to make changes to the type(s) of construction you do, or to increase your job limit etc.)
- Submitting an application for a Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Lodge notification of a completed project
- As an approved distributor of HBCF Insurance our team can also assist other insurance brokers to obtain HBCF Insurance and with all the above on behalf of their builder and contractor clients.
Home Warranty Insurance Scheme (HWIS)
The Home Building Compensation Fund (HBCF) changed it’s name from the Home Warranty Insurance Scheme (HWIS) in January 2015. The name change was considered to better reflect the HBCF’s role as a safety net for home owners.