If loss or damage was to happen to your strata building or the shared contents of the building, you dont want to be left with the financial burden of the repairs.
At Coverforce, our experienced insurance brokers are here to assist you with personalised and expert risk advice and the placement of a reliable and costs effective Strata Title Insurance Policy.
What is Strata Title Insurance?
Strata Title Insurance (also known as body corporate insurance) provides protection for residential properties managed under strata title legislation or a body corporate entity.
This policy typically covers damage to the building itself as well as common or shared property, such as pathways, walls, fences, lifts and carparks.
Do I need Strata Title Insurance?
You should consider getting Strata Title Insurance if:
- You own a property within an apartment block
- You own a townhouse, villa, duplex, factory, warehouse or storage unit
- You own a retail shop or office
What does this Insurance cover?
Usually managed by an owner’s corporation or body corporate, Strata Title Insurance generally covers you for:
- Buildings, including common contents and common property such as lifts, pools, car parks, gardens, wiring, balconies, walls, ceilings etc.
- Liability (ranges from $5million to $20million) in the event that people are injured on common property
- Fidelity Guarantee
- Officer Bearers’ Liability
- Personal Accident
- Workers Compensation in NSW, WA, TAS and NT
Note: Body corporate is made up of the registered owners of the building (such as the individual apartment owners).
- Each state and territory have different legislative requirements in regards to Strata Title Insurance. Speak to your strata title insurance broker for the conditions of your state.
- Your body corporate will usually arrange Strata Title Insurance on your behalf, however take the time to understand your specific coverage and requirements.
- Although Strata Insurance includes common contents, make sure you also have your own contents cover for your belongings and for the elements Strata Insurance doesn’t cover. Make sure you speak to your broker about what is and isn’t included in your policy.
For more information or to arrange cover, please contact our qualified team of insurance brokers at our Coverforce Office.
Alternatively, you can simply fill out a Strata Title Insurance Quote Form below and one of our insurance brokers will get in touch with you within one business day.