What is Industrial Special Risks Insurance?
Industrial Special Risk (ISR) Insurance is a broad business insurance that provides cover for loss or damage done to high value physical assets including property, buildings, materials and machinery.
Should something happen to your high value assets, the experienced insurance brokers at Coverforce will deliver sound risk advice and work with you to determine the right ISR Insurance program for your business needs.
Do I need ISR Insurance?
If you are a Business or Commercial Property owner with Insured Property or high value assets over the value of $5 million, you should consider getting Industrial Special Risk Insurance. Please note that minimum values do vary by Insurer.
Whilst it is ideal for medium to larger organisations, ISR Insurance can also be suitable for smaller companies with high value assets.
What does ISR Insurance cover?
An ISR Insurance Policy provides cover for property damage to your valuable assets by any cause not excluded under your policy.
Cover can include:
- Loss and/or damage to buildings, plant and machinery, contents, stock, raw materials, unregistered vehicles and the property of Directors and employees
- Loss of profits, revenue or rentals and/or increased expenses caused by damage to insured property
- Loss of profits, revenue or rentals and/or increased expenses caused by contingent damage to property at the premises of suppliers, customers and utilities
- Burglary, theft of money and employee dishonesty
- Accidental damage and glass breakage
- An ISR policy is sometimes referred to as an ‘all risks’ policy due to its broad coverage. However this name can be misleading and all policies differ. It is always best to check with your insurance broker regarding your level of cover.
- Additional property policies such as Machinery Breakdown, Marine Transit, Electronic Equipment, Motor, Aviation/Marine-Hull or Fine Arts, to name a few, are often required to supplement an ISR policy.