Marine Liability Insurance
Unfortunately shipping accidents, cargo loss, vessel damage and injuries happen more often than we think. So it’s important to take the appropriate precautions and get the right cover for your marine business.
Marine Liability Insurance is designed specifically for Marine Operators, Ship Repairer’s, Yachting and Boating Clubs and Freight Forwarders to protect your marine business against legal liability and property damage claims.
Do I need Marine Liability Insurance?
You and your marine business would benefit from a Marine Liability Insurance policy if:
- You’re a Ship Repairer
- You’re an import/export marine business
- You own a private Yacht
- You’re a Port Operator (Slipways and Marina’s)
- You operate a Charter service
What does this Insurance cover?
Public and Products Liability insurance typically excludes liability arising out of the use or navigation of Watercraft. Therefore, Protection and Indemnity cover fills this gap to ensure you are adequately covered.
Your Coverforce placed Protection and Indemnity Insurance policy can include:
- Coverage for Injury to Crew where not covered by Workers Compensation or Seafarers Liability
- Coverage for deviation expenses,
- Coverage in respect of Legal Assistance and Defence Costs as standard a form of cover commonly not included, but considered to be a necessity for Commercial operators.
Where necessary, Coverforce can also negotiate ‘Specialist Operations Coverage’, for those vessel operators involved in works such as navigational marker maintenance, seabed/seafloor works and subsea pipe laying.
How Coverforce can help
With a solid understanding of your industry and the specific risks you face, our specialist insurance brokers at Coverforce will deliver expert risk advice and reliable protection for your marine business at highly competitive rates. For more information or to arrange cover, please contact our specialised team at your local Coverforce Office.
Request a quote online
Alternatively, you can simply request a quote online and one of our insurance brokers will get in touch with you within one business day.
- If you would like to insure a one-time/single shipment, please lodge an online quote form with our Coverfreight team here.
- If you need to make regular shipments throughout the year, please fill out the Quote Form below.
Request a quote
Simply fill out the form below and we will get back to you within 1-2 business days. Alternatively, should you prefer to speak to someone right now, call 1300 503 503 to talk to a qualified broker.
Fields marked with an * are required