Cargo & Transit Insurance
The risks associated with having goods in transit requires specialist attention and cover.
Cargo and Transit Insurance (also referred to as Marine Cargo Insurance and Shipping Insurance) targets these specific marine cargo risks by providing cover for incidents such as delayed shipment costs, non-delivery by a carrier or loss of your goods while in transit.
Do I need Cargo and Transit Insurance?
There are a number of complex and specific risks associated with the Cargo and Shipping Industry. These can include:
- Financial loss associated with the loss of goods
- The risks associated with General Average (a Marine Principal that dictates that loss or damage to a ship or its cargo is shared among the Shipowners and Cargo owners)
- Acts of Piracy, theft and pilferage
- Malicious damage by Masters, officers or Crew of a vessel
- The risks associated with Transhipment risks (the moving of goods from one conveyance to another).
What does this Insurance cover?
Coverforce can assist with the placement of top quality Cargo and Transit insurance including;
- Specific extensions for insolvency or otherwise non-delivery by the carrier/transporter
- Coverage for Transhipment and Delayed shipment costs
- A market leading policy wording, including: extended storage conditions, over carriage conditions, full coverage for General Average conditions
- Extensions available for General property and Tools of Trade
- Delay in Start-up as a result of non-delivery, Consequential Losses and Liquidated Damages are also options which can be considered for inclusion
Coverforce also have a bespoke Stock Throughput policy, an ideal form of cover for manufacturing businesses, retailing businesses and companies with multiple locations.
How Coverforce can help
As a trusted insurance partner, we are here to help protect the financial future of your business. Our experienced team of insurance brokers and in-house claims team will work hard to deliver personalised risk advice and smart, cost-effective insurance solutions for your Cargo and Transit business. For more information or to arrange cover, please contact our specialised team at your local Coverforce Office.
Request a quote online
Alternatively, you can simply request a quote online and one of our insurance brokers will get in touch with you within one business day.
- If you would like to insure a one-time/single shipment, please lodge an online quote form with our Coverfreight team here.
- If you need to make regular shipments throughout the year, please fill out the Quote Form below.
Request a quote
Simply fill out the form below and we will get back to you within 1-2 business days. Alternatively, should you prefer to speak to someone right now, call 1300 503 503 to talk to a qualified broker.
Fields marked with an * are required