Smart Insurance Solutions for the Real Estate Industry
Real Estate businesses are part of a market that is complex and often unpredictable and therefore face a range of industry specific risks every day.
Whether you work in the residential or commercial property market, the experienced insurance brokers at Coverforce will work hard to provide reliable, cost-effective insurance cover that meets the specific needs of your real estate business.
How Coverforce can help
- Real Estate and Property Management has been a core focus for Coverforce for more than 15 years.
- We have access to the markets leading Professional Indemnity Insurance product for Real Estate and Property Management businesses.
- We currently have more than 1,000 Real Estate and Property Management businesses insured with us
- Coverforce are the preferred Insurance provider for many large real estate networks including LJ Hooker, Laing & Simmons, Richardson & Wrench, Stockdale & Leggo and One Agency
Key Risks of Real Estate Businesses
To ensure your Valuation Business is adequately protected, Coverforce recommend you consider each of the following types of insurance:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity policies are primarily designed to defend and indemnify you against most civil liability claims from third parties seeking compensation as a result of your professional negligence. Most Professional Indemnity policies provide coverage for:
- Fidelity (usually sub-limited to $100,000 or less)
- Employment Practices Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Third Party only Cyber Coverage
- Cyber and Crime Insurance
There has been a spike in cyber related crime in your sector resulting in significant losses to businesses. Cyber criminals are becoming more sophisticated and are increasingly using tactics such as identity theft to hack into systems or company processes, obtaining access to company bank accounts and trust funds. Without the correct Cyber and Crime Insurance in place, many businesses will remain uninsured for this emerging criminal activity. Cover can be arranged via a packaged Management Liability policy, or can also be arranged via standalone Cyber and Crime Insurance policies.
- Management Liability
Managing a business comes with its risks and responsibilities. As a director or officer of a business your personal assets as well as company assets can be exposed under many circumstances. Management Liability Insurance primarily provides coverage for Directors and Officers for loss on account of wrongful acts committed or allegedly committed in the execution of the director or officer’s duties. These policies also extend to cover:
- Employment Practices Liability – full policy limit
- Statutory Liability – generally up to $1,000,000
- Crime (First Party & Third Party cover) – generally up to $1,000,000
- Tax Audit – generally up to $100,000
- Business Insurance
The risk of fire, theft, malicious damage and accidental damage of company property can be protected under a Business Insurance policy. Business Interruption (loss of revenue and additional costs), can also be insured together with other policy sections such as Glass, Money, General Property and Machinery/Electronic Breakdown. An important consideration with Business Insurance is to ensure that the risk of flood is considered, and that the flood extension is requested to be included if required. Flood is not a standard inclusion under Business Insurance policies.
- Public Liability Insurance
If you lease/own a company office, hold events, visit clients, participate in other sales or property management activity you will have an exposure to potential third party injury and property damage claims. Public Liability is a ‘must have’ insurance policy for all businesses who operate in the property sector.
- Workers Compensation Insurance
This statutory insurance is compulsory in all states and territories for incorporated entities whom employ staff or pay wages. Workers compensation Insurance may also be required for sole traders and ABN holders.
It is important to understand that the Fidelity coverage and Cyber coverage provided by Professional Indemnity policies are very limited. Comprehensive Crime (not just Fidelity), Cyber Crime and other First Party Cyber Insurance should be arranged separately.
For more information, visit our Professional Indemnity Insurance Page
For more information, visit our Cyber and Cyber Crime Insurance Page
For more information, visit our Management Liability Insurance Page
For more information, visit our Business Package Insurance Page
For more information, visit our Public Liability Insurance Page
For more information, visit our Workers Compensation Insurance Page