Emergency Transport Benefit
The CFMEU Construction and General Division NSW Branch will provide an Emergency Transport Benefit to all eligible financial members of the Union, including immediate family members.
This benefit means that eligible financial members are provided with the necessary transportation by emergency transport, in circumstances of injury or sickness, to the nearest available hospital equipped to deal with the nature of the emergency.
Terms and Conditions:
- The benefit is immediately payable to eligible financial members who are unable to receive financial assistance for emergency transportation through a legislated scheme, a health insurance policy or any other insurance policy.
- Compensation shall be limited to a maximum of $5,000 per Insured Person/Financial Member in any one 12 month period.
- The benefit excludes inter-hospital transportation.
- An eligible financial member is a person who is a financial member of the CFMEU NSW Divisional Branch, Construction and General Division.
- An eligible financial member is a person who has paid full current dues or is on direct debit or payroll deductions, or is registered as medically unfit or unemployed and paying reduced union fees.
- To be covered, a person must be an eligible financial member at the time of making a claim.
- The benefit does not apply to retired members or members who are not paying union fees.
- Immediate family members includes only the spouse (including de facto) and any immediate dependents of the eligible financial member. This includes unmarried dependent children under 19 years of age residing with the eligible financial member or those under 25 years of age and studying full time. Immediate dependent also includes stepchildren and legally adopted children.