The CFMEU Construction & General Division NSW Branch has arranged a Travel Insurance Policy for all Union Executives, Employees and Eligible Financial Members including their immediate family members.
The coverage afforded by this policy shall only apply whilst the Insured person is engaged in travel provided an interstate destination or a destination beyond the territorial limits of Australia forms part of this travel.
Terms and Conditions:
- An eligible financial member is a person who is a financial member of the CFMEU NSW Divisional Branch, Construction and General Division.
- An eligible financial member is a person who has paid full current dues or is on direct debit or payroll deductions, or is registered as medically unfit or unemployed and paying reduced union fees. This also means a person who is an eligible member of CFMEU Solidarity.
- To be covered, a person must be an eligible financial member at the time of making a claim.
- The policy does not apply to retired members or members who are not paying union fee/unfinancial members.
- Immediate family members includes only the spouse (including de facto) and any immediate dependents of the eligible financial member. This includes unmarried dependent children under 19 years of age residing with the eligible financial member or those under 25 years of age and studying full time. Immediate dependent also includes stepchildren and legally adopted children.
- Insured Travel means travel being carried out as described in the Schedule. Insured Travel does not include any travel that exceeds six months.
Travel Insurance Policy Benefits
|Death (Event 1 – See PDS for details)||$100,000|
|Capital Benefits (Event 2-19 – See PDS for details)||Percentage of $100,000|
|Weekly Benefit – Injury (Event 20 – See PDS for details)||$500|
|Medical, Medical Evacuation||$unlimited – 24 months|
|Baggage, travellers cheques, travel documents, credit cards (limit $2,500 per item)(excludes business equipment)||$15,000|
|Loss of Deposits / Cancellation Charges||$5,000|
|Kidnap, detention, ransom & extortion||$250,000|
|Hire car expenses||$5,000|
|Evacuation cover and personal safety||$25,000|
- Insured Person which has been a financial member of the CFMEU for six months or greater - It is hereby declared and agreed that we are not liable for the first five hundred ($500) dollars of each and every claim (applicable to sections 4 Baggage, 5 Loss of Deposit and Cancellation Charges and 7 Hire Car Expenses Only)
- Insured Person which has been a financial member of the CFMEU less than six months - It is hereby declared and agreed that we are not liable for the first one thousand ($1,000) dollars of each and every claim (applicable to sections 4 Baggage, 5 Loss of Deposit and Cancellation Charges and 7 Hire Car Expenses Only)
Find out more
For further information please select one of the following:
Important Notice: We are recieving a high volume of calls with queries regarding travel insurance coverage. The majority of questions can be answered by reading the AHI Coronavirus Position Statement. Please limit calls to questions that are not covered in this document to ensure members who require urgent assistance are able to access a broker.