Am I covered under UPlus if I contract COVID-19?
Yes, you are covered under UPlus if you have sickness cover. For more information click here >>
The construction industry is a rewarding but often dangerous place to work. You get the satisfaction of witnessing new buildings resurrect before your eyes. And to see the happiness on people’s faces when you build their dream homes.
But, due to the hands-on nature of building, you are at risk of many different types of injuries. This can include anything from an injured back, hip, neck or arm, falling objects or a range of health conditions that can develop from working on site.
What is UPlus?
Established in 1994, UPlus is a specifically tailored income protection product purchased by building and construction industry employers for their employees. This cover provides replacement income for employees who can't work at full capacity or at all due to sickness or injury.
It also provides New South Wales employees with Workers Compensation Top-Up insurance which complements lump sum awards made under the Workers Compensation Act (NSW) in 1987.
- Income benefit for a total disability resulting from an Accident or Sickness
- 30 day waiting period
- 2 year benefit period
- Accidental death cover
- Cover is in place 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, both within and outside the workplace (worldwide)
- Improves the benefits members recieve through their Workers Compensation Insurance
Updates pursuant to the ASIC Corporations (Updated Product Disclosure Statements) Instrument 2016/1055
The relevant product is underwritten by Hannover Life Re of Australiasia Ltd ACN 062 395 484 (Hannover) and managed and administered by U-Plus Pty Ltd ABN 60 164 305 284 (U-Plus).
The following non-materially adverse updates have been made to the UPlus Product Disclosure Statement dated January 2021 (PDS).
- Hannover has been granted an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) to provide a claims handling and settling service with effect from 13 December 2021. Its AFSL number is 530811; and
- If a customer wishes to confirm any transaction under the policy listed above (such as the issue of a policy, a confirmation of a claim transaction, or a cancellation of the policy), please contact U-Plus using the contact details noted in the PDS.
UPlus is managed and administered by U-Plus Pty Ltd (ACN 164 305 285) who acts as Trustee for the U-Plus Trust (ABN 30 779 952 012). The U-Plus Trust is a joint venture between Coverforce Pty Ltd (Coverforce) (ABN 31 067 079 261) and the CFMEU. Coverforce ranks among the largest Australian owned insurance brokers by revenue and has over 20 years experience in the administration of employee benefits like UPlus. Coverforce holds Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number 238874 which permits it to provide financial product advice and to arrange, manage and administer life insurance products such as UPlus. U-Plus Pty Ltd as Trustee of the U-Plus Trust is authorised to deal and arrange insurance under the AFSL of Coverforce under Authorised Representative Number 441222.
In addition to the UPlus Master Policy, U-Plus Pty Ltd offers general insurance, life insurance and risk advice. This PDS deals specifically with the financial services U-Plus Pty Ltd provides in relation to UPlus. If You would like information on other U-Plus Pty Ltd products and services, please contact U-Plus Pty Ltd.