Unfortunately shipping accidents, cargo loss, vessel damage and injuries happen more often than we think. So it’s important to take the appropriate precautions and get the right cover for your marine business.
With a solid understanding of your industry and the specific risks you face, our specialist insurance brokers at Coverforce will deliver expert risk advice and reliable protection for your marine business at highly competitive rates.
What is Marine Liability Insurance?
Marine Liability Insurance is designed specifically for Marine Operators, Ship Repairer’s, Yachting and Boating Clubs and Freight Forwarders to protect your marine business against legal liability and property damage claims.
Do I need Marine Liability Insurance?
You and your marine business would benefit from a Marine Liability Insurance policy if:
- You’re a Ship Repairer
- You’re an import/export marine business
- You own a private Yacht
- You’re a Port Operator (Slipways and Marina’s)
- You operate a Charter service
What does this Insurance cover?
Marine Liability Insurance provides cover for:
- Loss of or damage to any other vessel or property
- Death, personal injury or illness
- Removal of wreck
- Loss of or damage to any vessel or craft in your care, custody or control
- Tenant’s liability
- Premises risks
- Car park liability
- Damage to cargo and lost cargo
- Most claims come from third party vessel damage. If you’re a boat repairer working on expensive boats, it would be important to consider getting Marine Liability Insurance.