Key Insurance Considerations for REIACT Members

To ensure that your REIACT Real Estate business is adequately protected, Coverforce recommend you consider each of the following insurances in addition to Professional Indemnity and Office Insurance.

Cyber and Crime Insurance

Cyber criminals are becoming more sophisticated and are increasingly using tactics such as identity theft to hack into systems or company processes, obtaining access to company bank accounts and trust funds. Cyber related crime can result in significant losses to your business.

Without the correct Cyber and Crime Insurance in place, many businesses will remain uninsured for this criminal activity. Cover can be arranged via a packaged Management Liability policy or can also be arranged via standalone Cyber and Crime Insurance policies.

Public Liability Insurance

If you lease or own a company office, hold events, visit clients, participate in auctions and other sales or property management activity you will have an exposure to potential third party injury and property damage claims.

Public Liability is a ‘must have’ Insurance policy for all businesses who operate in the Real Estate and Property Management sectors.

Management Liability Insurance

Managing a business comes with its risks and responsibilities. As a director or officer of a business, your personal assets as well as company assets can be exposed to those risks under a range of circumstances.

Management Liability Insurance primarily provides coverage for Directors and Officers for loss of account from wrongful acts committed or allegedly committed in the execution of the director or officer’s duties.

These policies also extend to cover

  • Employment Practices Liability – full policy limit
  • Statutory Liability – generally up to $1,000,000
  • Crime (First Party & Third Party cover) – generally up to $1,000,000
  • Tax Audit – generally up to $100,000

Workers Compensation

This statutory form of insurance is compulsory in all states and territories for incorporated entities who employ staff or pay wages. Workers Compensation Insurance is also required for sole traders and ABN holders.

To find out more about how your REIACT Real Estate business can be better protected, contact your Coverforce Service Team directly.

Are you looking for expert risk advice and great value cover for your business? Call us to speak to a Coverforce insurance broker today.

Our Insurance Brokers service clients throughout Australia, with key offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Our global insurance network

Our brokers can access more than 100 insurers across the globe to find your business quality cover at the right price.

Insurer logo AIG
Insurer logo Allianz
Insurer logo Blue Zebra
Insurer logo Calibre
Insurer logo CCI
Insurer logo CGU
Insurer logo Chubb
Insurer logo Dual
Insurer logo GIO
Insurer logo GT
Insurer logo Hannover
Insurer logo Lloyds
Insurer logo Liberty
Insurer logo Mecon
Insurer logo Miller
Insurer logo NTI
Insurer logo QBE
Insurer logo Quanta
Insurer logo UAA
Insurer logo Vero

Terms of Use  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact Us  |  Copyright © 2018 Coverforce Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.