Am I covered if I contract COVID-19?
Yes, all PayCover policy holders are covered for illness. If you are unable to work due to a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and your illness continues beyond your insured waiting period, you will be entitled to claim benefits under your PayCover policy.
Note: If you contracted COVID-19 at work, it is important to lodge a Workers Compensation claim in the first instance.
Your PayCover income protection claim can be made directly through our Coverforce Team.
For your claim to be valid, you will need to provide proof to our satisfaction of any event or condition establishing your entitlement to benefits under the policy. You must also notify us immediately (in writing) of:
- The death of an insured employee
- Any sickness or injury suffered by any insured employee lasting more than 14 days
- Any other circumstances which may lead to a claim under the policy
Processing your Claim
To process your claim, Coverforce will require the following documentation:
- Completed Claim Form
- Medical evidence and reports from treating doctors (we are entitled to have the insured employee examined by a medical practitioner or other qualified person nominated by us at our expense)
- A PayCover Employer Statement
- A copy of your job description
- Information or records relating to the income, attendance, and duties of the insured employee
- A certified copy of the Death Certificate of the insured employee or spouse (if applicable)
- You must also authorise your Workers Compensation Insurer to supply us with any information that we may require to determine your claim.